Thursday, 2 December 2010

Titles animation

video video

These are a couple of tests I did in flash. Dave idea was to have the letters fade up then turn into birds afterwards. After Dave looked at these he wasn't happy so we decided to come up with an new involved the font instead.

Font for the titles


The team have got me now researching different fonts for an possible title sequence. Though I dont mind researching but at the moment I'm finding it difficult to keep motivated but I should be ok as doing some animation for titles soon, yay !!

Monday, 29 November 2010

Prop research



The team decided that we really need to start to research props for the film so that I can start modelling as soon as possible. What I was to look was oriental pots and items that would relate to our film. With this reference I hope start the models in the next couple of weeks and before the end of term.

Thursday, 25 November 2010

Enviroment colours !!!





















Top left: These are colour bars which we could use for the sky. The reason why ive choosen these is because I wanted warm colours that arn't too overbearing and can subtly sit into the background and blend well with other choice of colours for the other parts of the environment.

Top Right: In our film we have a forest scene though I think its only going to be a couple of trees not a full blown forest. So I thinking of Spring greens that could show off the season and it could be lit really well for the scene

Bottom Left: These are the barrens/wilderness of the mongolian landscape colour bars. In these I wanted to try and capture a mixture of the cold early morning but the warmth of spring with clever use of orange and reds. Though I feel that I need more to really finalise what it is going to look like

Sunday, 21 November 2010



T-poses colour tests




Beginning to finalize the colours for the mongol, I think im finally getting somewhere with the colour scheme and making sure I keep in commuication with Dave to insure that he is happy with my developments.
A couple more colour tests on the character, just about to there T-pose's and post them up. These tests I'm alot happier with as im using darker colours and while talking with dave, he agreed with me.


Friday, 19 November 2010

Character Protrait colours

These are the colour tests ive been doing to try and get an idea of what colours would suitable, I tired to get a got mixture of ours which suit the animation we are doing though I'm not keen on these to be quite honest, I think I need to some more work on these.



Thursday, 18 November 2010





Couple more photos from the museum visit

Adventures to National History Museum





Today the team decided to go up to the National history museum in London to try and get some more reference to help us with the design of the Marmot and the Eagle characters. I think overall the day helped us get an better idea of the possible characteristics we can use and was good to have all the team together outside of working inside college.

Monday, 15 November 2010

Environment Research




During the last couple of weeks I was asking by Dave to investigate both the environment and colours for our film, this is what I have discovered so far. Overall there is variety of different colours that I will have to organise to different seasons then use those elements to create possible colours boards.

Monday, 1 November 2010

Mongol and the marmot

Well in the end my pitch was not chosen, but I have decided to join the Mongol and the Marmot team. Which I think will be good for me as I haven't worked with most of the people in the team before so it will interesting to see where this idea takes us.